Wed, 22 May|
Wightwick Hall School
Pre-Employment Checking Workshop
Once you have selected the best candidate to work with you, it is critical to ensure there is nothing preventing them from working with the young people you have a duty to safeguard. Ensure your pre-employment checking processes are compliant for safer recruitment. Complete resource pack provided.
Time & Location
22 May 2019, 09:30 – 13:00
Wightwick Hall School, Wightwick Hall School, Tinacre Hill, Compton, Wolverhampton, WV6 8DA
About The Event
The list of required checks has grown in recent years and the guidance for ensuring you request the relevant documents and check them in the correct way is also increasing.
PHRP is offering this practical workshop to ensure your organisation is compliant and your processes are robust.
It is our aim for you to understand:
- what pre-employment checks need to be completed
- what documents are acceptable for particular checks
- the information you need to check on the documents to satisfy the guidance
- issues to look out for which need to be flagged up
- the retention and recording of documentation and information including best practice on your Single Central Record
Delegates will be provided with useful checklist templates to aid management of the process.
Staff directly responsible for completing pre-employment checks as well as those who would internally audit the processes.