Thu, 24 Sept|
Pre-Employment Checking Workshop
Ensure compliance with KCSiE in your pre-employment checking process. Once you have selected the best candidate to work with you, it is critical to ensure there is nothing preventing them from working with the young people you have a duty to safeguard. Comprehensive resource pack provided.
Time & Location
24 Sept 2020, 09:30 – 12:30
About The Event
The list of required checks has grown in recent years and the guidance for ensuring you request the relevant documents and check them in the correct way is detailed.
PHRP is offering this practical workshop to ensure your organisation is compliant with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE) and ensuring that your processes are robust and safe.
It is our aim for you to understand:
- what pre-employment checks need to be completed
- what documents are acceptable for particular checks
- the information you need to check on the documents to satisfy the guidance
- issues to look out for which need to be flagged up
- the retention and recording of documentation and information including best practice on your Single Central Record
Delegates will be provided with a detailed support pack including useful checklist templates to aid management of the process.
Staff directly responsible for completing pre-employment checks as well as those who would internally audit the processes.
This 3 hour session will have a short break at 11:00am.